Delicious chocolate pudding pie!
You can make this pie as the recipe says, or you can skip the crust and just make it as a chocolate pudding in a bowl. It’s easy to make and really tasty, and it tastes just like i remember real non vegan chocolate pudding tastes like. Grandma style!
- About 200 grams of Digestive cookies or other cookies of your choice
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1-2 tbsp vegan milk of choice
- 750 ml soy chocolate milk
- 180 ml corn starch
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 100 grams vegan dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
This is how you do it:
- Set the oven to 175 c (350 F).
- Crush the cookies, I use a food processor. Add the vegan butter, sugar and milk and make a nice crust that don’t fall apart in your hands. Put it into a cake tin (about 22-23 cm). Bake it in the oven for about 10 minutes. Let it cook while you make the pudding.
- Pour 1/3 of the soy milk in a casserole. Stir in the corn flour and whisk until it’s completely dissolved. Whisk in the rest of the soy milk, sugar and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Let the mixture come to a boil, stir all the time. Don’t let it burn! When the pudding boils, turn the heat down to medium and let it simmer until it thickens, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the chocolate and vanilla extract and stir carefully until it’s melted and smooth. Pour the pudding over the crust in the tin and let it cool until room temperature. Then cover it with plastic or something and let it set in the fridge, it will take about 3-4 hours. Serve the pie with whipped vegan cream, custard or ice cream.
|I placed a piece of paper on top to avoid “crust” on top, it didn’t turn out so well. But the taste was great anyway!|