I have fallen in love with Mari Hult’s simple chocolate fudge, but this year i wanted to make a more christmassy version! Chocolate and peppermint has always been one of my favorite flavor combos, and what is more reminiscent of christmas than candy canes and chocolate? Americans tend to go nuts combining EVERYTHING with candy canes at chirstmas, so we might as well try it out here in Norway as well. These are delicious! Must be stored in the fridge or freezer.
Author: Cathrine Birkeland
For one small pan, about 15×20 cm
- 150 ml coconut milk (Se tips in recipe)
- 200 grams chopped dark chocolate (I use Coop’s dark)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 2-3 coarsly crushed candy canes. (I haven’t seen vegan ones in norway yet. These are from London.)
- A little sprinkle of sea salt if you want it
- Try to use as much of the coconut cream as possible (Place can in fridge for a few hours, and it will solidify.) Add coconut milk to a saucepan.
- Heat carefully until simmering, and turn off the heat.
- Add the chocolate and vanilla, and let it melt in the warm coconutmilk. Stir occationally.
- When completely melted, pour mixture into a paper or foil lined pan/baking dish.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes and maybe som sea salt. Put it in the fridge until set, about an hour.
- Cut into nice squares, and serve. Delicious combined with a cup of coffee!