Small lime cream pies that taste like cheesecake, in my opinion. They are so good! Besides, they are very easy to make, and very practical to have in the freezer in case of visitors or sweet cravings.
I have found the original here, and adapted the recipe to my own taste buds. By the way, they do not taste like coconut even though there is coconut milk in them. They taste like a little sour and sweet cheesecake with lime. Gorgeous!
Ingredients for 10 small pies:
- About 1/3 package (gluten-free if you want) vegan biscuits (you can also make a raw crust to make them even healthier.
- 4-5 tablespoons melted vegan butter (add more if needed)
- 250 ml raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 50 ml melted coconut oil (neutral taste if you do not want the cake to taste coconutty)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 limes (if you get key-limes, use a few extra)
- 100 ml agave syrup
This is how you do it:
- Crush the biscuit in food processor. Add the butter while the machine is running. It should not be too crumbly. Find a 12-hole muffin tray. Take 1-2 tablespoons of biscuit/butter dough in each mold and press a little down with the back of a spoon. Set the muffin tray to cool while making the cream:
- Drain the cashew nuts. Put them in a blender together with coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla and agave syrup. Zest half of the limes, and then squeeze the juice out of all of them. Throw it in the blender. Make it into a smooth cream. Taste it, does it need more lime? More agave?
- Pour the cream into the molds and sprinkle over a little lime zest. Place the tray in the freezer and leave it for a few hours or overnight until frozen.
- Keep them in the freezer, but leave them to rest minimum 30 minutes before serving, nobody likes ice crystals in their cream pie.