Wholewheat bread in a hurry is the go to bread when you want freshly baked bread straight away. Or when you can’t eat anything with yeast in it.
This bread is moist and delicious, and it’s not so unlike regular bread with yeast. The kids love it!
Ingredients for one loaf of bread:
- 700 ml white flour
- 250 ml wholewheat flour
- 100 ml bran (wheat or oat)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 100 ml water
- 400 ml soy milk with 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar added, let it sit for 5 minutes until it’s curdled.
This is how you do it:
- Set the oven to 200 celsius (400 f) and put it a baking sheet on the lower shelf.
- Put the dry ingredients into a baking bowl. Add in the water and soy milk – vinegar mixture and stir it into a soft dough.
- Butter up a loaf pan and pour the dough into it. Smooth the top and let the bread bake for about 1 hour.
- Let the bread cool at room temperature for about 20 minutes in the pan before taking it out, then turn it upside down for about 15 minutes (so it’s not moist/wet on the bottom).
- Enjoy it with vegan butter and the spread/fillings of your choice!