This one comes pretty close to healthy. It contains a little bit of icing sugar, but otherwise just healthy ingredients. It tastes amazing, almost like real Snickers. Closest I’ve come! Apart from the chocolate dipping of the bars and ensuring that the bars does not soften along the way it is scaringly easy to make, but most of all scaringly good!
Ingredients for approx. 8-10 bars:
- 8 large tablespoons of your favorite (preferably coarse) peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 8 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 200 ml regular salted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 400 grams of vegan cooking chocolate for the dipping
This is how you do it:
- Mix together all the ingredients except the chocolate in a bowl. Blend well together.
- Spread it into a paper-cloth small form. Spread until your prefered snickers bar height has been achieved.
- Put the form in the freezer for a few hours.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath and allow it to cool slightly.
- Take out the form with peanut bars and cut them into bars (or chunks if you prefer).
- The snickers quickly become soft, so be sure to leave them in the freezer until they are to be dipped in the chocolate! Dip one by one piece into the chocolate using two forks and place them on a paper-covered baking sheet or the likes.
- If some of the chinks softens a bit, put them back in the freezer and wait for a while. Keep the melted chocolate dipping sauce in check by keeping it waterbathed meanwhile.
- When all the pieces are covered with chocolate, put the tray back in the freezer or in the refrigerator until the chocolate solidifies, it goes pretty fast. Perhaps a quarter of an hour. Store the pieces in the refrigerator.