This hummus is absolutely fantastic! Lovely, orange colour and an intense flavour of garlic and grilled peppers. It doesn’t get any better (or easier)! Use it on a slice of bread, in pita bread with falafel or other things, as a side with your dinner or whatever you like. It can be kept in the fridge for about a week, if you haven’t eaten it all by then.
- 1 tin chickpeas, about 300-400 grams
- 1 large grilled pepper from a jar
- 1-2 tbs tahini
- ½ tsp salt
- 2-3 garlic cloves, grated
- Enough sunflower oil to get the preferred consistency
This is how you do it:
- Put all the ingredients and about 50 ml oil in a food processor, and process until quite smooth. Add oil a little at a time whilst the food processor is running until it reaches the consistency you prefer. I like it firm whilst others like it almost runny.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic, or into a suitable container with a lid, and store in the fridge.