I love sorbet! And nothing beats the homemade one, with intense and natural berry flavour. You make this fresh and delicious strawberry sorbet quickly and easily with an ice cream maker, and it is the perfect accompaniment to brownies since it adds a refreshing element to the rich chocolate.
Both children and adults love this sorbet. You can use other berries, but if you ask me nothing beats strawberries.
Ingredients to make about 1 liter:
- 2 bags frozen strawberries (400 grams per bag, leave to defrost)
- 300 ml sugar
- 400 ml water
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (not essence) or real vanilla sugar
This is how you do it:
- Add water and sugar to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add berries, lemon juice and vanilla and stir well. Pour the mixture into a blender or food processor, and blend until it’s a smooth mixture. Then pour into an ice cream maker, and process until it’s done.
- If you haven’t got an ice cream maker, you can just pour the mixture into a box and place it in the freezer. Just remember to stir the sorbet every 15 minutes until it’s frozen.
- That’s all. This is how easy it is to make the best sorbet!