Wonderful waffles without eggs and cow’s milk? Many people don’t think this is possible, but hello! Why use unhealthy, unethical eggs and cow’s milk in waffles when you can make just as tasty waffles without? These have been tested on both family and friends, and everyone loves them.
The original recipe is by Veganmannen , but I have altered it a bit to my own taste.
Ingredients to make 10-12 waffles:
- 250 ml soy milk, use one with vanilla flavour for a bit of luxury
- 100 ml melted vegan margarine or neutral oil, for example sunflower oil
- 400 ml white flour
- 2 heaped tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2-3 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar, skip this if you use vanilla flavoured milk
- ½-1 tsp cardamom
- A little cinnamon if you like, I don’t like it in waffles, but many people do
This is how you do it:
- Mix together the dry ingredients and the fluids separately. Add the dry ingredients to the fluids and stir well, but don’t overdo it.
- Set the batter aside for about 30 minutes, if you can wait that long. I’ve cooked them straight away a few times, and that works well too.
- Cook the waffles until golden, and serve with jam, ice cream, vegan whipped cream or whatever you prefer.
Combine these waffles with some of our ice cream recipes for an alltogether and absolutely stunning family-get-together