This is one of our favorite Indian dishes. We can eat this every day! Serve this dish with rice and naan, and maybe some Raita. And of course, lots of cilantro!
Ingredients for about 6 people:
- 2 cans (about 800 grams) tinned chickpeas
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala powder
- 1/2 tsp chilipowder
- 1/2 ts turmeric
- 1 dice vegetable buillion
- 1 can coconut milk (about 400 ml, can be replaced with vegan cream of choice)
This is how you do it:
Put some oil into a skillet. Add cumin seeds and let them fry until they “pop” (about 30 seconds, don’t let them burn). Add the onion and fry until translucent and soft. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer it for about 20 minutes (or longer, this dish gets better the longer it cooks). Add some water id needed. A great tip is to use a potato mashed and mash some of the chickpeas in the casserole so the dish becomes thicker, but this is up to you.
Add some more spices if you want.
Serve with naan, cilantro, fresh cucumber dices and raita.