Chili sin carne, mmm, delicious! This stew is awesome, and despite what you find in the igredients list, it does not taste of neither milk-chocolate or cinnamon buns. Cocoa and cinnamon elevates the taste and makes this casserole irresistable.
- 2 boxes of kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 cup of soy protein / TVP
- 2 cups of chopped tomatoes
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 cloves of grated garlic
- 1 cube vegetable broth
- 1 chopped red chili pepper, without seeds
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (raw cocoa is Y U M for this recipe, it has got the excact bitterness we saviour)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano or pizza herbs
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked pepper or plain pepper
This is how you do it
- Approach: Heat up some oil in a pot.
- Fry onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Add a little more water if needed, the consistency is a matter of taste.
- Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add more seasoning to taste.
- Serve with freshly cooked rice, as well as salad and tortilla chips, as well as split jalapenos, if you like to spice things up.