Chili sin carne, mmm, delicious! This stew is awesome, and despite what you find in the igredients list, it does not taste of neither milk-chocolate or cinnamon buns. Cocoa and cinnamon elevates the taste and makes this casserole irresistable.
- 2 boxes of kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 cup of soy protein / TVP
- 2 cups of chopped tomatoes
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 cloves of grated garlic
- 1 cube vegetable broth
- 1 chopped red chili pepper, without seeds
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (raw cocoa is Y U M for this recipe, it has got the excact bitterness we saviour)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano or pizza herbs
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked pepper or plain pepper
This is how you do it
- Approach: Heat up some oil in a pot.
- Fry onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Add a little more water if needed, the consistency is a matter of taste.
- Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add more seasoning to taste.
- Serve with freshly cooked rice, as well as salad and tortilla chips, as well as split jalapenos, if you like to spice things up.
Video instructions for chili sin carne from our youtube channel (remember to subscribe)