This soup is just THE BEST! And look at the color!
I couldn’t stop eating the first time I made this soup. It’s the best soup I have ever made up until now, and I bet you will struggle just as much as I did with eating too much of it when you make it, even if it’s quite filling.
Ingredients for a big casserole, enough for about 8 -10 people:
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 3-4 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 3-4 large chopped carrots (or use only carrots or only sweet potatoes, we often make pure carrot soup)
- 3 mashed cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 -3 tsp red currypaste
- 1 can of coconut milk, about 400 ml
- 1 vegetable buillion dice, or 2 tbsp buillion powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Salt & pepper, if needed (taste first)
- 1 can of chickpeas
This is how you do it:
Fry the onion in oil. Add garlic and ginger and fry until it’s soft and smells good. Don’t burn it.
Add the veggies and buillion, the cooconut milk and about 1 cup of water. Also add the curry paste and the spices. Put a lid on the casserole and let it all simmer for about half an hour, until the veggies are soft. Stir once in a while.
Pour the soup into a blender and run it until creamy, or use a hand blender straight into the casserole. Add more water if needed, and pour the soup back into the casserole if you want to to heat it some more. Add the chickpeas. If you want, you can spice up the chickpeas by baking them in the oven with spices, and add to the soup when you serve it. It both looks and taste delicious!
Serve the soup with fresh colantro or parsley, and your favorite bread. Eat until you faint!