It is high time we put up an alternative to our hugely popular, immensly diverse and otherwise ingenious nachos cheese dip sauce, this time with video instructions. Vegan sweet potato nacho cheese, Use this as dipping for your favourite chips or tacoo shells or as a topping on your oven baked enchiladas or even pizza. Its salty and neutral taste has made it a hit with all our children from 4 t 15 years old. This is a certain winner.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast (for your daily B12 boost)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp lemon / lime juice
- 1 tbsp sriracha (chili-tomato sauce)
This is how you do it:
- Peel and chop the potato into small cubes
- Cook 15 minutes or until it is soft
- Add to blender
- Add coconut milk, soy sauce, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt, sunflower oil, lime/lemon juice and the sriracha
- Blend until preffered consistency has been achieved.