These babies have been made several times in our kitchen, both as muffins and a whole cake. These are perfect for both fancy dinner parties or childrens birthday parties. Look how cute!
Ingredients for about 24 muffins:
- 3 large, ripe bananas
- 200 grams vegan butter, melted (can be replaced with 200 ml vegetable oil)
- 150 ml agave- or maple syrup
- 150 ml soy milk (or oat, almond etc)
- 3 tbsp soy flour
- 0,8 cups sugar (I use coconut sugar)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1,5 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2,4 cups flour (I use white spelt flour, you can use regular white flour also)
- Chopped almonds and dark vegan chocolate for sprinkling on top
This is how you do it:
Set the oven to 350 F (175 C) and find a couple of muffin pans (for about 24 muffins in total) and some paper liners.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mash the bananas (or use a food processor or a hand mixer if you want it to be really smooth) and add the wet ingredients. Mix the two together so it becomes a lump free batter.
Pour the batter into the paper liners and place them in the muffin tins. Don’t fill them all the way to the top, since they will rise as they bake. Sprinkle nuts and chocolate on top and place them in the oven (middle) for about 20-25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Let them cool slightly and stuff your face. These are really loved by kids!